When visiting the Chernobyl exclusion zone all visitors are obliged to:
a.) Use clothes and shoes, maximally protect body, head, hands and feet;
b.) Comply with the radiation safety rules, health and safety regulations;
c.) Strictly comply with all instructions of the state guide;
d.) Move around only according to the prescribed routes;
e.) Follow the personal hygienic rules.
During the visit to the Chernobyl exclusion zone it is totally prohibited to:
- Carry weapons;
- Drink liquors or take drugs;
- Have a meal and smoke in the open air;
- Touch any structures or vegetation;
- Sit or place photo and video equipment on the ground;
- Take any items outside the zone;
- Violate dress code;
- Stay in the zone without the state guide;
- Gather, use and bring from the Chernobyl exclusion zone any vegetables and cattle breeding products which were cultivated on the area of the exclusion zone, except specimens for scientific purposes;
- Bring any animals in or out of the Chernobyl exclusion zone;
- Drink water from wells, rivers and other open water sources. You are only allowed to use water from the Chernobyl water supply system or water from stores.
Photographing and filming on the designated route shall be subject to authorization of the envoy officer.
Leaving the Chernobyl exclusion zone it is necessary to:
- Pass compulsory radiation control of clothes, foot wear, personal items;
- Pass compulsory radiation control of transport.
If contamination exceeds the established control levels, personal clothes, foot wear, and items are subject to decontamination.
Announcement to the 30th Anniversary of the Accident at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant
Dear visitors, please keep in mind that Chernobyl exclusion zone is having limited capacity for tourist routes, guides and accommodation. On behalf of Chernobyl Tour Operator Association Members we kindly ask you to book your Chernobyl tour in advance as the 30th Chernobyl accident anniversary is bringing to the Zone much more TV crews, journalists and official delegations than usually. Some dates might be booked out weeks and months ahead. Once you book your Chernobyl tour, get your passport and DOB details ready, it takes up to 10 days to get your permits processed and issued. Thank you for your understanding.